CCSAE Uganda Donors Safari: October 22-30, 2022
Join the Greater Van Nuys Rotary Club and Island Immersion on our inaugural Uganda donors safari in support of CCSAE – Child Care Support And Education Organization. Founded by Grace Agaba and based in Kanoni, Uganda, CCSAE provides care, shelter, schooling, and vocational training for children without parents. Grace will lead us on this 8-night/9-day adventure that will take our travelers to visit CCSAE and then to experience some of the premier wildlife destinations in Uganda including big game safari and chimpanzee trekking in and around Queen Elizabeth National Park and mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
October 22-30, 2022:
- 1 night Entebbe
- 2 nights Ibanda near CCSAE
- 2 nights Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 nights southern Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Read here for daily itinerary details.
- Included: All lodging, transportation, guiding, gorilla permits, chimp permits, safaris, activities, CCSAE donation, and services as outlined in the itinerary. All meals from dinner on the first night to lunch on the last day.
- Not included: International flights, required travel insurance, visas, covid tests, alcohol, porter fees, tips, optional activities (golden monkey trekking, village visit, canoeing), anything else not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Please note: This is a fundraising safari in support of CCSAE. Included in the trip cost is a $500 donation per person to CCSAE plus an additional shared contribution for a leather sewing machine requested by the vocational school.
Cost: $5,350 per person based on double occupancy ($5,990 for a solo traveler in a private room). This is the cash price if paid by Zelle, check, or bank transfer. Add 3.5% if paying by PayPal or credit card.
- To reserve your spot: $2,000 deposit and signed travel agreement.
- 65 days from time of travel: The remaining trip balance is due.
Uganda entry requirements for U.S. citizens:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after time of travel and have at least 3 blank pages. If you do not have a passport or if it is expiring or out of pages, please apply NOW for a new one. Processing times have been slower than usual.
- Visa: You must apply for and secure your e-visa before you travel to Uganda. You can do this through Uganda’s e-Immigation System at https://visas.immigration.go.ug/. The single entry visa for U.S. citizens is currently $50 USD payable online.
- Yellow fever vaccine: Please talk to your doctor or make an appointment at Passport Health or similar for the yellow fever vaccine.
- Covid proof of vaccination or negative PCR test: You must present proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test in order to enter Uganda. If you are unvaccinated, please get a PCR test done within 72 hours of departure.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE INQUIRY FORM BELOW: